Hi,

I share similar opinion with Gunter.

ASLA provides the flexibility to define the set of applications which can use a
specific type of link attribute, it also allows to customize the attribute
value for each application.

As the generic metric mechanism will be used to define different types of new
metrics, some of which may need the flexibility of indicating the set of
applications it is used for, and may also need to generate application-specific
metric values. In that case, it seems ASLA is the suitable approach for such
metric advertisement.

Best regards,
Jie