I understand the proposal. As I've stated elsewhere, I do not believe there is
a problem here that needs solving. The "problem" was created by the user by
summarizing prefixes that should not have been summarized -- they
mis-configured their network. The routing protocols works just fine (act very
quickly) if you don't incorrectly summarize "really important prefixes".

I was simply pointing out that IGPs also don't deal in liveness since that
keeps coming up.

Thanks,
Chris.