Hi Ketan,

> It explains the scenario of a noisy link that experiences traffic drops.

The point is that BFD may or may not detect noisy links or links with
"degraded or poor quality". There are many failure scenarios - especially
brownouts - where BFD will continue to run just fine over a link and where
at the same time user data will experience very poor performance.

So stating in the RFC that BFD may help to detect such cases is simply very
misleading (to say it gently :).

And you are stating so exactly in the below sentence:

*"In certain other scenarios, a degraded or poor quality link will allow
OSPF adjacency formation to succeed*
*but the BFD session establishment will fail or the BFD session will flap.*

Thx,
R.