Hi Alvaro,

Practically speaking, yes Monitor nodes are cool to have. But so are the
Controller nodes. The difference would be that in both cases there is no
topology information being injected by such nodes, however in the latter
case the additional information could be injected.

Such information could be related to providing extra data to computation of
topologies by other "Full IGP nodes" or could also be injecting or relaying
discovery information related to IGP or BGP (for example RRs).

Have you considered widening the scope a bit to accomplish this extra
delta ?

Thx
Robert