Shraddha -

RFCs 8919/8920 were published in October 2020 - and implementations based on
draft versions of those document date back as much as two years before that.
They all are written to support the encoding formats defined in the RFCs.

The introduction of an additional way of encoding the same information is
anything but "simplifying". As I have described below, you are imposing a
requirement for ALL ASLA implementations to support an additional encoding
format - at least for receiving.
This does not simplify implementations - it further complicates them. And it
increases the possibility of interoperability issues.

It also does not simplify deployments. You impose requirements on operators to
track which of the multiple formats are supported by each of the router
versions deployed in their network so they can decide when it is safe to enable
sending of the new format.

For any protocol extension, there are almost always multiple possible syntaxes
which could have been defined to advertise the necessary information. The point
of having a standard is to define an agreed upon format so that
interoperability can be achieved.

Please do not complicate implementations/deployments for a feature which
already has a fully functional standard and multiple implementations deployed
based on that standard.

   Les