Hi Tony,

Very happy to see this draft.

First question - the draft seems to be focusing on hierarchical IGPs and is
clearly driven by liveness propagation discussion.

But the motivation of offloading non routing information from IGPs (and/or
BGP) is also full applicable to non hierarchical IGPs where there is no
ABRs. Do you plan to rewrite section 3 accordingly ?

Also putting liveness aside wouldn't it be feasible to also relax the
attachment to each area/level such that truly opaque information can be
exchanged even if we use as broker DROID cluster sitting only in core area
and listening to data or liveness from all clients ?

The DROID discovery in the latter case could be as simple as one line cfg.
Networks could also use well known anycast address to connect network
elements to DROID cluster.

Thx,
Robert