Hi again Les,

For what it’s worth I agree with your preference to do a bis rather than a
“patch” draft. The IESG has spent some time recently discussing bis vs. patch
RFCs and the “overly burdensome” process. Based on those discussions, I’m
optimistic that at least the IESG portion of document processing for RFCs
8919bis and 8920bis can be streamlined, i.e. I think folks will be willing to
restrict their review to the changed aspects of the document only, without
relitigating unrelated issues. This isn’t a guarantee, but nothing in life is
guaranteed other than death and taxes. This presumes that the scope of the
changes is kept tight and can be easily summarized, but that sounds like what
you are planning.

Thanks,

—John