Tony -

For me, your discussion with Henk highlights two points:

1)There are different POVs on whether advertising management information (like
multi-tlv support) in the LSPDB is a good idea

2)Applicability of advertising what features an implementation supports extends
to much more than just multi-tlv support.

Therefore, introduction of such advertisements should be removed from the
multi-tlv draft. If you and/or others want to pursue this idea, then a new
draft focused on this new use of the protocol should be written.
In this way the WG will have the opportunity to discuss the merits of such a
significant protocol extension independently - which is appropriate.
And the work on how to support multi-tlv - which I think is both useful and
non-controversial - can proceed.

I hope this is something on which we can easily agree - even if we do not agree
on whether feature support should/should not be advertised in the LSPDB.

A few more comments inline.

[LES:] Sorry, I am not aware that you (or anyone else) has written a draft
proposing advertisement of feature support in the LSPDB.
Could you provide a reference?

> >> Because the thought of trying to deploy this capability at scale without
> >> this attribute seems impossible. Consider the case of Tier 1 providers
> >> who have large IS-IS deployments. Are you really going to evaluate 2000+
> >> nodes without some kind of help?
> >
> > With the help of the management-plane?
>

> There is no management plane.  We had the chance at one, but we had the
> great schism between OpenConfig and the IETF. So now we have nothing
> that we can rely on.

[LES:] I sympathize with your POV here. From an industry standpoint the schism
is most unfortunate.
But making the protocol itself responsible for sending management info is not a
solution.

   Les