Acee -

So your proposal is to have the neighbor of the restarting router be
responsible for ensuring that the Router LSA updates are done in the proper
order.
I agree this can work as well.

I still think there is one element missing from your proposal i.e.,
guaranteeing that the Router LSA update from the restarting router is flooded
before (or at least in the same Link State Update packet) as the updated Router
LSA from the neighbor - and that this order is maintained at each flooding hop
throughout the network.
This is likely to happen - but without some delay between flooding the updated
Router LSA from the restarting router and the updated Router LSA on the
neighbor there is still some risk.

   Les