OK - since Acee opened the door - here are some comments from me - starting
with the most important.

(BTW - I still have limited enthusiasm for this draft.)

1)The proposal places some restrictions on how operators provision their
network in terms of assigning SIDs and reserving space for future assignments.
If operators do not use compatible assignment schemes, then this will never get
deployed. It is therefore not enough to come with a nice idea - you must have
some enthusiasm from the operator community.

Have you discussed this idea with any operators?
If so, what has been their response?
If they are open to the idea, how might they migrate from their existing
assignment schemes to an assignment scheme compatible with the proposal?

These are questions that need to be answered before considering this idea.

2)Section 5 Compatibilty

There is no "compatibility" with legacy nodes - because all nodes in the
network have to have a consistent understanding of what SID is assigned to a
given context (for prefixes and adjacencies) since they might need to install
forwarding entries for that context.
I do not see any point in deploying this until all nodes support it. If you did
do so, you would need to advertise old and new forms - which does the opposite
of what you are trying to achieve. Instead of reducing LSP space used you would
increase it.

What does deserve discussion is a "hitless migration strategy". When full
support is available, if you were to switch to the new scheme, you would want
to do so without changing any existing SIDs as this would avoid forwarding
disruption. Which means operators would have to modify their SID assignment
scheme in advance of deploying the new scheme.

3)Virtual Flex Algorithm

You have introduced a new concept with very little explanation of what it is
nor how it can be supported.
For example, how would we determine which nodes support a given VFA? Since the
algorithm value must be greater than 255, it cannot be advertised in the
existing SR Algorithm sub-TLV.

If you are serious about this idea, please provide a more complete discussion.

4)Section 4.3

"R" and "N" flags are now defined in prefix attributes sub-TLV (RFC7794)
They were originally defined in the SR sub-TLV because RFC 7794 did not exist
at the time.
The only reason they continue to exist in RFC 8667 is for backwards
compatibility with early implementation of SR-MPLS based on early drafts of
what became RFC 8667.
Please do not introduce them in new sub-TLVs - there is no need.

5)ADJ-SIDs are NOT allocated from the SRGB as they are local in scope.
They MAY be allocated from the SRLB - or outside either GB range.
Please correct the document in this regard.

   Les