Mirja -

Please see inline.
LES2:

[LES2:] We explain the behavior.
The actual implementation is - at least for now - proprietary.
So yes - exactly "how" the requirements are met is not discussed.
But folks who are "skilled in the art" should be able to use this as a guide to
developing their own implementation.

> [...]
> >> use the
> >> terms congestion control and flow control.
> >
> > [LES:]  Good point.
> > I believe we should use the term "congestion control" throughout this
> section.
> > Will work with Bruno to make that change.
> >
> >> Further you say that no input
> >> signal
> >> from the receiver is needed, however, if you want to send with the rate of
> >> acknowledgement received that is an input from the receiver.
> >
> > [LES:] The use of the neighbor partialSNPInterval sub-TLV (Section 4.5) is
> optional.
> > It may be useful, but as our intention is to have the algorithm work with
> legacy neighbors who do not support the additional advertisements defined in
> this document, it is necessary that the algorithm work well even in the
> absence
> of that signaling.
> > If by "rate of acknowledgement ...is an input from the receiver" you think
> > we
> are contradicting ourselves, I will gently pushback.
> > We have not changed the operation of the Update Process in any way. So
> the acks we receive and the rate at which they were received is information
> which is available today from current operation of the Update Process. To date
> it just hasn’t been used to influence transmission rate of other LSPs - it has
> only been used to cancel retransmissions on the LSPs already sent.
> >
> > [ >However, the
> >> window based TCP-like algorithms does actually implicitly exactly that: it
> only
> >> send new data if an acknowledgement is received. It further also takes the
> >> number of PDUs that are acknowledged into account because that can be
> >> configured. If you don’t do that, you sending rate will get lower and
> >> lower.
> >>
> > [LES:] Paragraphs 4, 5, 6 discuss both slowing down the transmission rate
> and speeding up the transmission rate. The algorithm needs to do both - and
> does so based on the actual performance i.e., how quickly ACKs have been
> received.
> > Paragraph 6 highlights that we cannot assume that performance is static. If
> you think that once we slow down we will never speed up then please reread
> Paragraph 5.
> >
> > At the risk of repeating myself, I emphasize that lack of dependence on
> signaling by the receiver is a key element of this approach which enables it
> work with both legacy and upgraded nodes.
>
> I think we have a terminology problem here. I say the ack rate is a signal
> from
> the receiver; you say there is no additional saviour change needed in order to
> get this single. I agree that is an important point but to me that not what
> the
> text says (because rate IS a signal). In summary I think what need is to
> improve the wording to make this clear (to all of us).

[LES2:] There is no signal of ack rate being sent. Normal operation of the
IS-IS Update process requires receivers to send ACKs (in PSNPs) to the
transmitter.
"ack rate" can be tracked by the transmitter simply by keeping a history of the
number of LSP acknowledgements it has received over a multi-second period.
I think it would be misleading to characterize the sending of PSNPs as a
"signal of ack rate".

Hope this makes sense.

  Les