Section 21.4.2 of RFC 2328 has a couple of seemingly contradictory statements I
am trying to reconcile.

It says that a network LSA is only originated by the DR if the DR is fully
adjacent to at least one other router, and it includes itself in the list of
fully adjacent routers.

But it also says that if a router is no longer the DR, it flushes the network
LSA by setting it to MAXAGE and flooding it.  However, in this case the router
may not be fully adjacent to any other routers.

The question that arises is:  should the router still include itself in the
list of attached routers when it’s flushing a network LSA because it’s no
longer DR, and it isn’t fully adjacent to any other routers?  My product has
been sending an empty attached routers list in this case, and recently
Wireshark has started flagging that as an error, saying the network LSA is four
bytes below the minimum size.

Mike Fox
z/OS Communications
Server<https://www.ibm.com/products/zos-communications-server>