From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Acee Lindem
Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 2:46 PM
To: Acee Lindem <acee.lin...@gmail.com>
Cc: lsr <lsr@ietf.org>; draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-bw-...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Working Group Last Call for "Flexible Algorithms: Bandwidth,
Delay, Metrics and Constraints" - draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-bw-con-07

Authors,

I support publication of this document but not in its current state. I have the
following comments that should be resolved first:

    1. "Backward Compatibility" section is missing. This should be
straightforward given that an FAD computation only includes
        nodes supporting that FAD.
     2. “Security Considerations” is “TBD”.
     3. There is no “Operational Considerations” section. Someone may ask for
one.
     4. The document alludes to the problem with elephant flows. Yet for
“Interface Group Mode”, the aggregate bandwidth for multiple L3 links is used.
How would this work when a flow is typically bound to a single L3 interface?
     5. #3 in section 5 is very hard to parse. Possibly split into multiple
coherent sentences.

Lots of editorial nits - I’m attaching some suggested edits but I’m not sure I
got them all.

      1. Use “sub-TLV” and “Sub-TLV” consistent with the usage in RFC  9350. I
tried to fix these on the fly but it probably still needs work. Basically, it
is capitalized when used as part of a proper noun identifying a specific
sub-TLV. Also, in section titles and captions.
      2. Reference RFC9350 rather than the Flex-Algo draft throughout.
      3. I didn’t make the change but I’d use “Layer-2” and “Layer-3”
hyphenated.

See attached editorial suggestions  in the RFC diff.