Hi!
> This testcase is failing on ppc64 BE system, because
> address of &test_profil does not reference beginning of code,
> but entry in .opd section:
>   "This section contains the official procedure descriptors.
>    A pointer to a function shall reference a procedure descriptor
>    in this section."
> which was at address larger than all .text of test_profil.
>
> This patch is replacing address of function approach with gcc's
> __builtin_return_address() to get current pc value.

How is it with compatibility? In which gcc version was this building
introduced? Does it work with clang?

If we are in doubt, we should add a configure check and use it only when
available. And probably to default to &test_profil in all cases but
ppc64 BE which is known to fail.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chru...@suse.cz