hmm . . . I don't know how to run that benchmark, but if you could fill me in I'll gladly run it on hte disklessworkstations we got from disklessworkstations.com. We got the 170, i believe.

Ondrej Valousek wrote:

Hi all,

Recently I was doing a small benchmarking test to find out which HW is best suitable as thin clients for our company. I was mainly focused on 2D performance as 3D is unfortunately out of question (no remote DRI).
Here are the results:

SunRay, Sun Ultra 60 & Ssrs 3.0    - Xmark =  5.8291
SunRay, Sun Fire 280 & Ssrs 3.0   - Xmark = 12.6738
Via Ml6000E fanless, LTSP 4.1    - Xmark = 20.3963
Dell GX200, LTSP 4.1                 - Xmark = 53.3161

There are lots of small/fanless machines suitable for LTSP on the market now (HP thin clients mentioned many times in this discussion) and I would like to get Xmark performance ratio of these, if possible (Xmark is part of nearly every Linux distribution).

Many thanks for everyone who send results of clients not listed here.

Ondrej

joe auerbach
systems administrator
pcb / rossman and co