I am as such.

net <--- firewall <--- ltsp server (which has the mac address to ip table) <-- clients.

Does that make sense? More or less I'm running perfectly normal ltsp straignht out of the book on a static ip system where thed ip addresses are assigned on the individual machines (or on hte ltsp server, in the case of ltsp).