When did LTSP become wedded to one distro?  One used to get the ltsp package
from ltsp and install and run it on whatever distro one was using.  It may
have changed and I might be wrong but I can't imagine it.

AFAIK one doesn't even have to have an XServer running on the server but
that might have changed too.  Maybe I've been away too long.

On 5/15/07, Jim Kronebusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:23:49 -0400, Conrad Lawes wrote
> Is it possible to have an ubuntu TS client running on Fedora LTSP
server?
> Is it possible for the TS client to run a different display manager than
the
> server.
> For example,  I like my TS clients to use Xfce eventhough the server is
> using Gnome.

I believe the only way to run a different OS on the client side is with
LTSP v5.  I
don't think version 4.2 is capable of such without a major overhaul, which
is part of
why the new v5 way is being developed.  I am sure someone with more
expertise could give
better detail.  But I know the best way is with v5.

As far as the window manager, no problem.  You should be able to yum
install xfce or
apt-get install xfce and it will be available to the client.  You can
choose the
"session" at login.  I can't remember how to make a certain session the
default for all
users but that should be easy to google.

Michael H. Collins

It's us against them.  Ride like you stole it.

If you love some code, set it free.