----- Original Message ----

 know a
> > > lot of things have changed from Feisty to Gusty so maybe I'm doing
> > > something wrong.  XFS support worked in Feisty but I can't get X to
> > > start on the thin client when I have this setting in my
> lts.conf

 file
> > > when using Gusty.
> >
> > Would you mind filing a bug?  It's entirely possible in the
> LDM

 rewrite
> > that XFS support got broken.  I guess the larger question is,
> with

 the
> > RENDER extention in X working so well, why do you need to use
> XFS?

  Have
> > you got some special edge case that requires XFS?  If so, I'd love

 know,
> > as I was personally thinking it had pretty much fallen into disuse.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Scott
> >

> Sure will.  Do I file a bug report at https://launchpad.net/ltsp ?  We
> have an iSeries Mid-range server from IBM and we use IBM's iSeries
> Access to connect
> ( http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/linux/ ).  This
> application requires 100dpi and 75dpi fixed width fonts and that is why
> I used the XFS server (worked so well too).  If I try to run
> the

 iSeries
> Access from gnome-terminal on a thin client with no font server I get
> the following output:
>
> $ setup5250
> setup5250: [ INFORMATIONAL ]: Build Date: September 2006 (1.2)
> setup5250: [ INFORMATIONAL ]: setup5250
> setup5250: [ ERROR ]: Xt Warning: Missing charsets in String to
> FontSet

 conversion.
> setup5250: [ ERROR ]: Xt Warning: Cannot convert
> string

 "-*-*-medium-r-normal-*-*-*-*-*-m-110-*-*" to type FontSet.

    *****

 DPI *****

   *****

 command *****
>         ***** will list the available fonts.

    *****

I found a work around.  This program requires 100dpi and 75dpi fonts so I just
installed them in the chroot:

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
aptitude update
aptitude install xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi
sudo ltsp-update-image

And after this my program has the fonts it needs and works.