On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:35:39PM +0100, Alexandre Magaz Graca wrote:
> I think I have some problem with ssh and/or ldm. When the server
> starts sshd at boot time this message is logged on auth.log:
>
> Oct 31 12:56:27 ltsp-prova sshd[5029]: Server listening on :: port 22.
> Oct 31 12:56:27 ltsp-prova sshd[5029]: error: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0
> failed: Address already in use.

I believe this is associated with IPv4 vs IPv6 - see
http://www.wains.be/index.php/2006/03/30/howto-fix-bind-to-port-22-on-0000-failed-address-already-in-use-error/

The simplest fix is to explicitly bind to either an IPv4 or an IPv6
address in your sshd_config file.  For mine, I just bind it to
"ListenAddress 0.0.0.0" and it works fine with normal IPv4.

Karl.
--
http://mowson.org/karl