Da: Chris Roberts [mailto:c...@tridentgarages.co.uk]
Inviato: mercoledì 29 aprile 2009 10.29
A: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Oggetto: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] small chroot environement

On Tuesday 28 Apr 2009, ebarde...@iris-group.it wrote:
> Hi, do you know how to create a small chroot environment for ltsp clients?
> I have created the default one with ltsp-build-client but the i386.img
> became 186 mb with xubuntu 9.04 and 150mb  with ubuntu 8.04.
> thank you!

You don't usually install a full desktop environment in the chroot, which is
think what you are trying to do.  The client is only a means to an end
(getting to LDM and thus to desktop environment on the server).

I think you're doing the "fat client" thing with ltsp, which isn't the norm,

although it will work I understand.

--
Chris Roberts

+------------------+------------------+