Στις 13-01-2010, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 09:05 +0100, ο/η Verner Kjærsgaard
έγραψε:
> - thank you for all answers!
> - one quick Q though...
>
> "Try the 4 different subnets approach"...yes, I understand howto fix the
> dhcpd.conf file in order to do this. But I'm unsure about lts.conf? In
> this file, only one SERVER is mentioned at one specifik IP adress. How
> to handle this?

If you don't specify the SERVER variable in lts.conf at all, it'll be
correctly autodetected (=different for each subnet).

Btw, I thought of second approach: I think bonding would also work if
you buy an 8-port gigabit switch, and you put the 4 server NICs there,
and also connect the gigabit ports of the 4 switches there.
If you buy such a switch be very careful to see that it *doesn't* have
flow control enabled.
In that case you'll only have one subnet, things will be easier to
configure, and the clients will even be able to "talk" to one-another if
you even need localapps/fat clients etc.
I'm not sure if bonding works with chained switches, but if it does,
it's probably a better solution than the "4 different subnets".

Cheers,
Alkis