On 03/15/2012 03:25 AM, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> 15.03.2012 09:15, Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:
>
>> root@lubuntu:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Dynamic resolv.conf(5)
>> file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8) #     DO
>> NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
>> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>
> I can fix this hammering in every 5 minutes 'cp /root/resolv.conf
> /etc/resolv.conf' with cron, but that is not the right way - and
> how about fat clients?
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

http://www.stgraber.org/2012/02/24/dns-in-ubuntu-12-04/

- From what you described, it looks like your problem is that you have
NetworkManager running even though you're using a static network
configuration in /etc/network/interfaces

Disabling Network Manager or at least its dns plugin should fix the
problem.

As you have dns-nameservers set in /etc/network/interfaces you
shouldn't have to touch any of the files in /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/

So, try (as root):
 - echo "manual" > /etc/init/network-manager.override
 - > /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/base
 - reboot

Then check if /etc/resolv.conf now looks good.
If it doesn't, please reply with its content as well as the content of
/run/resolvconf/interface/*

Hope it helps

- --
Stéphane Graber