Herman Fries schrieb am 27.03.2012 20:54:
> Hello,
>
> our the users on our server are only in one group "students".
> I would like to groups like audio, games, fuse... on the
> fatclient.
>
> I've tried the suggestion from the chat to use pam_group.
> But LDM does not seam to use pam.
> How to add users to groups on login?

Add a line like this to /etc/security/group.conf (in Debian/Ubuntu):

   *;*;*;Al0000-2400;fuse,games,audio,cdrom,scanner

And don't forget to activate

   auth  optional  pam_group.so

in pam's login and sshd files.

This does not depend on LDM.

You should also be shure, where to add this group configuration: on the
ltsp-server or on your fat/thin client.

I put it into the thin client image to allow the usage of local devices like
cdburner.

Regards
Helmut

Helmut Lichtenberg  <helmut.lichtenb...@fli.bund.de>  Tel.: 05034/871-128
Institut für Nutztiergenetik (FLI)         31535 Neustadt         Germany