This is what I understand and I'd be glad to hear your answer to the
question below. The questions are here because this is what I understand of
(edubuntu) LTSP setup:

1. In a thin-client's X session, (with LDM_DIRECTX=True), it is just an
X-Terminal setup inside the ltsp root. (X-Terminal as in
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-X-Apps-9.html )
2. Epoptes runs a network listener on the client's ltsp root and does some
magic to join the X session of the client node to launch stuff, like VNC or
other custom commands. The 'client' who passes network messages to the
server is the GUI.

Without Epoptes's magic (or hack around with code in epoptes to make the
magic general purpose) is there a direct unix-y way of starting any
arbitrary X-client programs in a client's session from the server?

Thanks in Advance,

  -Suraj

--
Career Gear - Industry Driven Talent Factory
http://careergear.in/