Hi Alkis
Thanks again, you are my hero!

OK, you are rigth, if testing ssh 10.0.0.10 (which is the ts)
it works.
Leading to another problem: why do dns-requests mix up?
I have two dns-server running(one is windows...),
the other one is selectet as default,
both set "ts" to 10.0.0.10

on every other machine in the net a "ping ts" leades to 10.0.0.10

only on fatclients "ts" is resolved as 127.0.1.1

 > Please stop testing ltsp-pnp and wait a few weeks until it's merged
 > upstream.

ltsp-pnp runs far better than standard ltsp on 12.04.
I had to set up our whole Linux net after a massive
crash and I decided not to use 10.04 again.
So I have to use ltsp-pnp until there is a working replacement.

 > About the nbd-server limits, no, its man page mentions that:
 > "  -M     Specify the maximum number of opened connections. If this
 > parameter is not specified, no limit is set."

Yes, I found that "-M",too.
But I cannot see any file where it is set.

The strange thing is, I only manage to run 20 clients a time.
If I shutdown one, another works fine.
If I have more then 20, the additional clients run into busybox,
telling the nbd image is to big (some TByte)
So I thought, it might be nbd.

Greetingd
Roland