On 26/07/2012, at 2:47 AM, ltsp-discuss-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

>>>  We use SCREEN_07=shell for cli / console use.
>>>
>>>  However the fonts are tiny.    The console displays as a rectangle
>>> taking up just 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen depending in the hardware.
>>>
>>>  Any suggestions on what to try to increase the font?  We're looking to
>>> emulate a 25 line by 80 character wide character terminal.
>> Rob
>> I've not being paying attention (to your thread), so maybe I've got the
>> tiger by the tail ...
>>
>> IIRC you wanted cli access to the console ... SCREEN is NOT the way to get
>> that.
>> SCREEN=shell gives you access to the thin client console, not to the server
>>
>> I'm sure you can fiddle with one of the scripts eg 'startx' to do what you
>> want.
>>  I've not done it, but what I do do where I require cli access is to give a
>> full screen term (I use gnome-terminal)
>> I can the set colour (sic) and font size and cant recall now how, but one
>> can dynamically change settings.
>>
>> gconf edit lets you choose the parameters including no border
>>
>> Doing it like this is totally compatible with everything ltsp, including the
>> optional ssh tunnel.
>>

>  That sounds like a better way as we use ldap and ldap works  very well
> with ldm .  [  Ldap does not work using gdm on the host ... kdm does ].
>
>  Currently I put this in /root/.bashrc in the chroot:
>
> read  -p  "enter user name: " LTSPUSERNAME
> exec ssh $LTSPUSERNAME@192.168.1.125
>
>   But the screen size and font are difficult to control.
>
>  Could you please provide more information on the setup you have for
> cli + gnome terminal?
>
>  We'd use konsole  as it is easier for us to configure a default linux
> keyboard.

Ummm these configs ...

     gconftool-2 -s --type=bool
/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/use_system_font false
     gconftool-2 -s --type=bool
/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/use_theme_colors false
     gconftool-2 -s --type=string
/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/background_color #000000
     gconftool-2 -s --type=string
/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/foreground_color #FFFFFF
     gconftool-2 -s --type=string
/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/scrollbar_position hidden
     gconftool-2 -s --type=string /apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/font
"LucidaTypewriter 14"

You can find all the parameters you can change by using gconf-editor
Where you put them depends on your window manager. I use icewm and they are in
~/.icewm/startup

James