On 29/08/14 10:54 AM, Ben Green wrote:
> Quoting Robert Mavrinac <mavri...@uwindsor.ca>:
>
>> I quickly followed the steps outlined in a recent message 41981
>> (https://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg41981.html).
>> But clearly this fails on "tsp-update-image -c /" precisely because the
>> server is a container.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
> We run LTSP in Linux-Vserver containers. You need to set a few options
> from the host, and NFS is more tricky, we stick to NBD, but basically
> it's totally possible.
>
> What problem do you get with OpenVZ?

Are you using chroot images? That I can do. The problem with OpenVZ is
OS-level virtualization, just the same way it might be for VServer.
Obviously from the output, I'm running this on a Proxmox server.

root@server:/# ltsp-update-image -c /
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:507
kmod_lookup_alias_from_builtin_file() could not open builtin file
'/lib/modules/2.6.32-31-pve/modules.builtin.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module overlayfs not found.
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:507
kmod_lookup_alias_from_builtin_file() could not open builtin file
'/lib/modules/2.6.32-31-pve/modules.builtin.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module aufs not found.
No overlayfs or aufs support detected

If you don't have this problem, I need to look at VServer.