On 2015-01-10, Jakub Stoppa wrote:
> I have a new install of Edubuntu 14.04.1 64-bit running on an ESXi 5.5 U1
> host.  We opted to run the GNOME fallback interface since we run a number
> of low spec PCs with 1 to 2 GB RAM with iterated Intel graphics (i815 and
> i845).
>
> On the ThinClients I am able play back un-encrypted DVDs, access DATA CDs
> and DVDs.  All external media automatically mounts, even my external USB
> sticks and HDDs.  The only thing that is not working are Audio CDs.

Audio CDs don't implement a mountable filesystem...

You could work around this issue by running the Audio CD playing
application as an LTSP localapp.

Long ago there was a standalone kernel module, maybe called "cdfs-src",
but I don't think it's been maintained in recent years:

  http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/cdfssrc.htm

Another more difficult option would be to write a fuse filesystem that
dynamically transforms audio CDs into .wav files, much like how
"cdfs-src" did it, but probably a little more maintainable.

live well,
  vagrant