I have built a new i386 LTSP-PNP server, and "inxi -G" on the server yields:

Graphics:  Card: Matrox Systems MGA G200eW WPCM450
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: mga (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1680x1050@59.88hz, 1680x1050@59.88hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits) GLX
Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

The clients are mostly Atom N270 with Intel 945GSE integrated graphics.

As a fat client, "inxi -G" on the client yields:

Graphics: Card: Intel Mobile 945GSE Express Ingegrated Graphics Controller

           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: N/A

           Resolution: 1024x768@60.00hz

           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel x86/MMX/SSE2

           GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.2

Question #1:

If the package xserver-xorg-video-intel is providing the graphics card support,
why is "inxi -G" reporting "drivers: N/A"? Surely I don't need a proprietary
driver.

Question #2:

If I run the client as a thin client, a notice displays that the desktop is
"Running in software rendering mode". Isn't a thin client supposed to be using
it's local X server and video drivers?