Hi Chris,

one good way to implement this would be with an nbd-server cow export
for /home/template-user.
The script that mounts home directories is
/usr/share/ldm/rc.d/X01-localapps, but it would be best to create
another script, e.g. X00-mount-home-template.
I'm available for hire if you need help with it.

Cheers,
Alkis Georgopoulos
LTSP developer