From: Donaldson Jeff
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 12:02 PM
To: richard kweskin; ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Fat Client Graphics Distortion

Richard,

Thank you for the reply. When I run that command from the local console of a
thin client, I get the following output:

VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated
Graphics Controller [8086:2e12] (rev 03)

Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:0420]

Kernel driver in use: i915

If I run the same command from the console of a fat client, I get the same
results. So if they are using the same kernel video driver on the exact same
hardware, why is one behaving differently than the other? Could it be a X
issue? Also, if it helps...I've launched firefox from a terminal window to see
if I encounter errors when accessing the drop downs\dialog boxes and nothing
appears in terminal. The machine is a Dell Optiplex 780. I've attached the
lts.conf file and a picture so you can see the behavior. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff Donaldson