On Thursday, April 13, 2017, Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-...@osnanet.de> wrote:
> I followed the instructions for making a copy of the chroot, but I never
> get a chance to choose one of those when the client boots. They are not
> mentioned in the boot menu. The only chroot which is mentioned is the
> original i386, so I made the copies but then continued my experiments
> with this chroot only.

> Meanwhile I was able to install a lot of things in the chroot, and
> everything runs fine. Yast2 was my friend here, as it offers broader
> ways to install groups of software like desktop environments in one go.
>
> But maybe I understood this wrong, what can I do to make a copy of the
> chroot to appear in the boot list? Could I do it by hand, if the script
> fails? And how is this list maintained, if one of the entries shall be
> deleted etc.?

See cloning part
https://sourceforge.net/p/kiwi-ltsp/wiki/Customizing%20Image/

It automatically adds boot menu entries.

See also /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp where profiles are mentioned.

Posted in replies on kiwi-ltsp group last month:
https://sourceforge.net/p/kiwi-ltsp/mailman/kiwi-ltsp-users/?viewmonth=201703

Boot menu is in /srv/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default