Am 18.05.2017 09:04, schrieb Sean Carte:
> Is anybody running LTSP in a VirtualBox VM?
>
> I did try this a long time ago, with KVM, but was not able to figure out
> how to get the nework interfaces working.

Yes, before I started setting up a physical server, I tried Oracle VM
and had an LTSP server running on that machine. Host was a Win7 32 bit
(our book-keeping PC).

There were no problems with it, though it was somewhat slow. Networking
went both with the VM's default and with bridged network. What made it
especially slow was when I tried simulating two NICs, but functionality
was still ok.

Maybe the VM would run much faster with Oracles special drivers (like
qemu's kernel modules) for graphics etc. But then I found an old HD and
I set up a "real" server on the "real" hardware for testing purposes
which allows making "real" guesses for speed etc.

Regards
Rolf