Hi all,

I never expected to be able to put spaces in field names, but I accidentally
did so and had quite a bit of trouble debugging the problem, as 'babeltrace -v
<path>' just gave me:

"""
error syntax error
[error] Error creating AST
[warning] Unable to open trace metadata for path "[...]".
[warning] [Context] Cannot open_trace of the format [...] .

[warning] [Context] cannot open trace "[...]" from [...] for reading.
"""

I had to set BABELTRACE_DEBUG=1 to see the metadata scanner and parser debug
output to figure out what I'd done wrong :)

Would it be possible and practical to have the macros generate some dummy code
using the field names in order to detect them not being valid identifiers at
compile time?  Better error messages from the metadata parser would also be
nice, but I imagine that's probably not so easy.

Thanks in advance,
David

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any
disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not
permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum.
Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email
and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam
software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable
data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the
proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for
any delay in its receipt.