Hey all,

where can I find more documentation on how to use sdt.h to add static
tracepoints to user-land applications? If this is not the right place to ask,
please refer to to elsewhere.

I plan to upstream a collection of tracepoints to Qt, and possibly elsewhere.
One problem I'm having right now is figuring out how to "design" the
tracepoints such that they have minimal overhead.

So my questions:

What data types can I use for trace point arguments?

Can I pass UTF16 strings? Do they need to be null-terminated?

Can I pass structs? Or do I need to pass each member as an individual
argument?

Thanks

--
Milian Wolff | milian.wo...@kdab.com | Software Engineer