Hi

I wonder if I might ask for some more guidance please?

I now have lttng and Trace Compass running on Ubuntu.  I want to inspect the
scheduling of threads in my user-space application.  So far, I have
successfully captured a trace with the sched_switch event enabled:

$ sudo lttng enable-event -k sched_switch

This indeed shows my app's threads.  However, it also shows all the other
threads in the system and does not show clearly (to my understanding) when the
threads are scheduled / blocked.

I would like some guidance on how to improve this tracing.

1) Would it be better if I defined my own “tracepoint providers” and then set
trace events for when a thread wakes / blocks?

2) How could I show which core a thread is running on?

Best regards

David