Dear list,

Sometimes I want to break out into Lua during typesetting and just inspect the last node at the current point. LuaTeX gives me the opportunity to get the last node using node.last_node(). However this pops the node from the list, i.e. it disappears from the output stream. I don't want this. I simply want to inspect the node and maybe insert something in the current list. I'm not even able to reinsert the node because node.write(node.copy(last)) confuses the parbuilder. Also, how can I get the current list? MWE below.

Cheers, Henri

---

a%
\directlua{