Twenty-five bucks an hour? For an honestly skilled network installation gig

Well then dude, you better stay in DC, 'cause I'm thinking the culture shock is gonna kill you. You haven't heard the phrase "the price of paradise" yet?

I don't know. I don't do work for Hawaii based clients myself, but I have a hard time believing that a full-time job in Hawaii doing network engineering wouldn't pay more than $50k a year. Contract work should definitely go for more than that.

I live in Hawaii and I bill out at more than double that myself. I've got no shortage of work (I've actually been turning away contracts recently).

-Charles

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/