Interesting product. Unfortunately my wee little uplink from verizon just wouldn't cut it.

This is something I am very much interested in finding out. 768kbs may not be as bad as we think (depends on the compression I suppose). There is another option called ORB, which requires a PC at the transmitting end. The Sling is a standalone box.

My uplink is consideraly slower than 768kbps.  Try 160kbps-ish.

I've often wondered why PBS dumps a ton of money into HDTV instead of streaming their content online.

Streaming video is for the general public, whereas HDTV is for those who can afford one. When the president of CPB used to be a co-chainperson of the you-know-what party, which way do you think the funding is going to go.

You can blame in on the reps if you want, but the HDTV push happened under the dems in the late 90s. "What!?" you say, "The democratic senators are against us [EMAIL PROTECTED]" Yah, its a shocker.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/