To: "LUAU" <luau@lists.hosef.org>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 6:39 AM
Subject: Re: [LUAU] Its time to simply ban Windoze machines from the Internet

On Thursday, October 19, 2006, at 01:53  PM, Jim Thompson wrote:

Let's just say, it's not in the interest of anyone in the "services" or even the "services industry" to have a really secure computing platform.

Hi,
Non-technical poster here.
Does the FOSS community have an interest in it?
Would it be practical for the FOSS community to come up with a stable, secure, "grandpa/grandma" computer system for users who just want to do email and browse the web a bit?
--Peter