This is an unsupported release now. Please think to install the next LTS
'Bionic 18.04'

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-next/daily-live/current/
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/02/ubuntu-18-04-minimal-install-option

** Changed in: synaptic (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: synaptic

** Changed in: synaptic
 Remote watch: Debian Bug tracker #865578 => None

** Changed in: synaptic

** Changed in: gdebi

** Changed in: gdebi
 Remote watch: Debian Bug tracker #865580 => None

** Changed in: gdebi

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Lubuntu
Packages Team, which is subscribed to synaptic in Ubuntu.

Title:
  GDebi  re: wine32:i386: "Error: no longer provides wine32"

Status in gdebi:
  Invalid
Status in synaptic:
  Invalid
Status in synaptic package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in wine package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I was having difficulty running the development version of GIMP from Partha's
std 64-bit,
  and he asked me to run it from the terminal with certain variables set.  I
could not do this, getting
  "scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ wine
/home/scott/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles/GIMP-2.9.5-std/gimp/bin/RunGimpScript.bat
  wine: Bad EXE format for
C:\ProgramFiles\GIMP-2.9.5-std\gimp\bin\RunGimpScript.bat.
  "
  (Note, that to avoid quoting issues, I created a link to the actual "Program
Files", naming it "ProgramFiles")
  Google-ing this issue suggested a 64-bit vs 32-bit issue, so I pulled up
Synaptic and looked at the installed packages.

  There seemed to be both 32-bit and 64-bit assorted wine files/libs .

  But I noticed a wierd thing: when I tried to look at the "Installed Files"
for wine32:i386,
  I got the message: "The list of installed files is only available for
installed packages",
  although the package was checkmarked as installed, and under Common->Status
Installed was checkmarked.
  This was not the case for the other wine packages.
  I re-installed the package, but got the same thing.

  I tried to see what was in the install .deb with GDebi, but it errored
  with: "Error: no longer provides wine32"

  I don't know if it is THE problem, but it looks rather like A problem,
  anyway...

  scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ uname -a
  Linux scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS 4.8.0-46-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 31
13:57:14 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ lsb_release -dsc
  Ubuntu 16.10
  yakkety
  scott@scott-ASUS-M2N68-AM-PLUS:~$ echo $DESKTOP_SESSION
  Lubuntu

  All six wine-related packages have the same version: 1.8.5-1ubuntu2

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.10
  Package: wine32:i386 1.8.5-1ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 4.8.0-46-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: LXDE
  Date: Fri Apr 14 12:20:22 2017
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.1)
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  SourcePackage: wine