Burn as SLOWLY as you are allowed. Even 1x if you can. It will give a better
image on the CD and will reduce errors by jitter and such. Using a USB
device alleviates the need for moving CDs and such (assuming you can boot
USB). If not definately burn slow, try another brand if you still get issues
and try not to use CDRWs.
-Andy