Am 15.10.2010 06:20, schrieb Ben Coleman:
> On 10/14/2010 07:24 PM, Benny Hult wrote:
> > But it lacks with packages if you compare to Lubuntu.
> > Hope we can see you using Lubuntu still in the future, becouse the grass
> > ain't greener on the other side of the fence ;)
>
> Well, turns out that my other Lubuntu candidate (A Compaq Armada 7800
> running a PII/266) is i686-class despite being slower than the AMD, so
> Lubuntu 10.10 should run OK on it, if I can manage to burn a Lubuntu
> CD-R that it will read (the CDROM reader on this machine tends to be a
> bit finicky, and it's old enough that I don't think that it will boot
> from USB Flash).
There is a trick to it. You must create a Live-CD and a Live USB Stick.
Pop in the CD and try booting from the cd until you see the bootmenu.
Stick in the USB Live Stick.
Now you need to act fast. Press Enter to boot. Wait until the message
will then boot from usb key.
It's a nice trick to get any computer with cdrom drive boot from usb.