On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:20:50 +0100
Yorvyk <yorvik.ubu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Discuss Backup solution
> (http://davestechshop.net/blog/dave/list-of-free-open-source-linux-and-ubuntu-backup-software)
> Backups? :P
> Plenty to go at.  A simple point-and-click solution is the obvious way to go.

Not a priority, but if there is a good lightweight solution, it could be good.

> Discuss CD/DVD Burn choice : Xfburn (xfce depends + hal) or Brasero (gnome
> depends but no hal) or something else ?
> Any thing HAL free as there seems to be no point in having HAL for just one
> program, could even be built into PcManFM

The "Any thing HAL free" is actually limted to Brasero, I didn't find another
good CD burner without HAL.

> I would like to see some discussion of the minimum, REALISTIC hardware
> requirements.

It depends of the use, and sometimes the state of your hardware. It's not
really easy to set an universal requierement, only experiments can help in this
cas.

> Also a RSS reader might be nice, Liferea maybe.

Ubuntu didn't have one, and Liferea is not really lightweight. Like Backup, if
a good solution exist, why not.

> WBar, the launcher/dock thingy is rather nice and gives a modern feel to the
> desktop and may be worth considering.

Lxpanel is a component which will be very difficult to remove, unless you have
very very good reasons and a good benchmark.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne