On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:12:17 +0100
Yorvyk <yorvik.ubu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 18:48:10 +0100
> Phill Whiteside <phi...@phillw.net> wrote:
>
> > Hiyas gang, can some confirm the md5 is 1932a563c99ae40721d1f37c3804c372 for
> > alternate disk, as the md5 checksum link reports a 404 error.
> >
> > head_injury has the documentation done over at
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp/AlternateInstall Again,
> > any input on this would be welcome. Once I have couple of confirmations that
> > things are okay, I'll release the little bugga into the world :D
> >
> The little bugga has been available as a torrent for 20hrs now, thanks to
> Michał Ćwikliński
>

> http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=807f8f3c72e0a179c3e23cf0c42f68007b2a2901
>
> If you want to add that to the wiki.
> The lowest amount of RAM I got it to run on was 80KiB. It wouldn’t run on
> 64KiB, that may the the particular machine though.  I’m trying on another
> machine now.

That should have been MiB not KiB.

The wiki states that 160MiB is the minimum for Ubiquity, this is true if you
have a separate video card.  For a machine with on-board video more memory is
required, probably 192 MiB.  The same appears to be true for the alternate
installer.  80MiB with on-board video and 64 MiB with a separate card, although
that is still running after 4hrs!

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net