Thank you Jonathan.
I did not do any beta versions, so I am not sure wether wubi worked
with them  or not. You mention to try as a normal graphical installer
- is there a particular file I need to point to to begin the
installation? This is being installed on a Windows XP Pro system (as
I've found with other Linux versions, XP is the most "friendly").
 I'm anxious to give Lubuntu a try - I tried the much-hyped Kubuntu
and felt that it is to Linux what Vista is to Windows! I've embedded a
Lubuntu banner on my website and an ready to help spread the word, but
I need to test it first. Any installation help you provide, I will
pass on to others in case they run into similar situation.