On 07/29/2011 12:51 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
sorry for the delay in answering, it does take a couple of days for me
to get in touch with people and await for them to respond.
My current thinking and proposal is that we do actually add a Lubuntu
section to the main manual. This will cover parts that are specifically
Lubuntu. It is, however, no minor task as we would be altering a lot of
pages to include references to Lubuntu for specific tasks. I'd like a
bit more time to chat with the Manual team and ask them what they suggest.
Thanks. I have a proposal
1. Do we keep this discussion here or discuss within a group, so that
what ever conversation you have with the team and see what they suggest.
2. I can create a TOC (table of content) based on the Ubuntu manual and
share with the team. We have experience with manuals as we also created
Linux Mint manual and Fedora 15 manual. So, we can create a TOC and
focus on what is specific to Lubuntu (especially installing on variety
of hardware and driver issues, if any).
3. We can also add section on light weight apps, which don't come
pre-installed but can be useful for users for specific tasks.
4. We can also have a tips/tricks chapter to better utilize Lubuntu.
5. The entire manual will be created from scratch. Don't worry about
man-hours we will have to invest in creating it. If we start early we
can deliver the manual the day Lubuntu 11.10 is launched.
Note: we can also create additional YouTube manual.
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp