On 25/08/2011 00:34, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> Le Wednesday 24 August 2011 à 23:27 +0200, Stefano a écrit :
>> new branch and new fats-search engine for the Lubuntu Software Center,
>> of course is still incomplete, hope will be ready for 12.04.
>> get the branch: bzr branch lp:lubuntu-software-center
>
> Thank you for the update. It starts to be interesting and useful :)
>
> Just some comments :
> - software-center is beginning to move to packagekit backend, instead of
> the aptdaemon one. You should probably have a look at it if you want to
> to do more complex operations with the package manager. Fortunately, the
> concepts of aptdaemon and packagekit are the same, it should not block
> your UI or the way your software-center behave.
>
> - 1 feature that IMO a software-center must have, is the ability to show
> only "real" applications, not the list of all packages. As far as I
> know, it's not implemented in packagekit yet. 1 solution, is to parse
> the directory /usr/share/app-install/desktop/, which contain all the
> applications on Ubuntu repository (each .desktop file represent 1
> application).
>
> Also, you will need at some point a proper build system, translation
> support etc .. but it can be added later.
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

yes, i had taked a look to packagekit, i will look again.
of course we need a way to know if a package is a real application, are
app-install and app-install-data installed by default on lubuntu?
alternatively we can use a simple text file containing a list of the
real-applications-package.
e.g.
#apps.list
firefox
chromium
evolution
thunderbird

Regards
Stephen Smally

P.S. new update, indipendent search entry for available and installed
sections