Hi Ali,

I've replied to both threads pointing them to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/UpgradeToLubuntu We
know it works :) As to what Synaptic may do, my guess is a an issue with the
no install-recommends, as that would bring in a load of stuff not needed.
The build system will be different for 11.10, but I do not think the 'add
lubuntu via synaptic' has progressed beyond the "Yeah, it would be nice"
stage. Adding multiple systems on top of each other can throw up all sorts
of odd things. If you have a read of the articles at
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/index.php written by one of the main forum
mods, it is an excellent resource. IMHO, for those who wish to boot
different systems then I have a seperate /home partition. Provided you keep
you the two (or more) variants up to date, you can share this /home as a
seperate partition. To be honest, such questions are not for beginners, it
can get a bit more involved keeping things in synch. The information is
there :)

Lubuntu, just as Xubuntu, Kubuntu etc. does not have a seperate forum area.
People are asked, however, to use the tags stating which variant they are
using, this makes it easier for everyone. We can find them & others can see
that it is a lubuntu question and not try to give them an answer that works
on, say, gnome!

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw