Hi,

Let me nail one thing to rest.... We, nor any other variant of ubuntu will
have a sub-forum on the main forum.

There is a simple reasoning behind it.... We share well over 90% of the same
stuff, the usage of the tags allows people to alert support people to know
of the 10% differences. An easy example would be one of the support guys
giving a new comer instructions and he says to start 'Terminal' to type some
stuff in, such as lspci. Obviously we use LXTerminal and the new person may
then have to reply back to and say he could not find 'Terminal', and would
LXTerminal do. Now the problem the user has is an issue that affects all
n00bs from time to time has a delay. In a 'dedicated' area, we lose all the
other people from the other flavours of *buntu, and we lose them. so, quite
simply, it is never going to happen. That is why
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal#Starting_a_Terminal exists.
But the use of tags ensures that the person giving help knows which of the
invocation commands to use. Any of the support people can help across the
different variants, but it is vital that we know which one the OP is using.

As I wander across wiki pages, I keep adding the lubuntu version to them. We
were told 'off the record' that we could start to add Lubuntu to all the
many pages where a difference in flavour of the *buntu made for different
instructions before we got our full adoption. There is no chance we can ever
catch them all as new pages are created daily, what we can and must do is
edit any pages we come across where lubuntu variant needs adding.

Regards,

Phill.